- This event has passed.
Fairest Cape Tour
Nov 12 - Nov 14
The 34th Annual Fairest Cape Tour 2019 will include both motorcycles and cars and will be based at the Goudini Spa, near Rawsonville and Worcester, in the Western Cape. Cars and motorcycles will compete on an even footing, over the same course and, for the most part, for the same trophies and awards. Details of all the awards can be found in the Supplementary regulations which are enclosed with this invitation.
The following is a brief timetable for the event:
- Sunday 10th Nov.: Competitor registration, Documentation and Scrutiny for entrants from 13h00 to 17h00. Competitors meeting time to be advised in the final instructions.
- Monday 12th Nov.: Start the Competitive event (Day 1) from Goudini Spa.
Start times and numbers will be advised in the final instructions.
First day results will be posted at a time and place to be advised in the final instructions.
- Tuesday 12th Nov.: Start of the Competitive event (Day 2) from Goudini Spa.
Start times to be advised in the final instructions.
The 34 th Prize Giving Dinner and posting of final overall results at a time and venue to be advised.
- Wednesday 13th Nov: Departure of participants from Goudini Spa.
Entries are now open and will close on the 18th October 2019. In order to ensure a smooth flow of documentation, we draw your attention to the following:
ENTRY FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL AND E-MAILED TO REACH US BY THE CLOSING DATE OF 18 th October 2019.
Download the entry form here
- The original of all required documents such as Drivers Licenses, Vehicle Insurance, Indemnity and Club Membership cards must be produced at documentation. (Note well: proof of Vehicle Insurance is now required)
- Confirmation of the dating of your vehicle by SAVVA must be available. If you are not in possession of a dating plaque or certificate, a letter from SAVVA confirming the date of manufacture is required. Letters from individual Clubs are not acceptable.
- All monies due per the Financial/Accommodation form must reach the organizers by the closing date of 18 th October 2019.
- Please note the request on the entry form for your medical aid and next-of-kin information. We do not wish to alarm entrants but this information will be of vital importance should it ever be required.
The course will traverse some very beautiful and interesting areas of the Western Cape and will include several mountain passes which only the Western Cape can provide.
The same types of accommodation, as in the past, will again be available including Slanghoek luxury Villas. The Rondawels will all be in the same general area as before. These groups are in reasonable proximity to each other with the Slanghoek Villas being slightly further afield. The Rondawels have been upgraded and can sleep a maximum of 5 persons.
Each unit has 2 x Bedrooms one with a double bed and the other with 2 single beds. (There is a sleeper couch Lounge/Dining area.) Upgraded Badsberg Flats are also available ( See Financial Form ) The Slanghoek Villas can sleep a maximum of six persons in three separate rooms, one of which has a double bed, and provide a distinct Lounge and Dining area as well as a built in braai facility. The extended list of available B&B accommodation is again included. This information is supplied by the Rawsonville Publicity Association but we cannot give any details of their suitability.
They all, however, appear to be of a good standard. All of this accommodation is within about 10kms of the resort. Should you wish to make use thereof, all bookings and arrangements are your own responsibility. You will receive confirmation of the status of your entry by return of mail.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Fairest Cape Tour 2019 and hope you will enjoy the event.
With kind regards,
Clerk of the Course
Mobile: 082 3354005 Email : email@example.com